Flights to Quebec
Quebec City is the capital of the Province of Quebec, a territory on the Eastern coast of Canada. Unlike the rest of Canada, French is the predominant language in Quebec, not English. All road signs must display in French above English, while retail and service personnel will always greet customers in French. Here are a few other things to know about Quebec City.
- Canadian dollars are the currency used in Quebec
- English speakers are common, though a grasp of some basic French would be very useful for visiting the region
- Montreal is the largest city in the region, though Quebec City is another popular destination
- Small town hockey is huge here. Huge.
Things to see and do in Quebec
You can use the city as a base to explore the region as a whole if you like, but prepare for some long trips. If you want to enjoy the city itself, here’s what we recommend.
- Haute cuisine – everything from maple syrup to beans and pork
- The Fortifications – Quebec is the only city in North America that still has its original fortifications in place, outside of Mexico
- Old Quebec – the picturesque old town
- The Chateau Frontenac – the highlight of the Old Town
- Hike on Bonaventure Island
- Outdoor pursuits – everything from skiing to ice-fishing
- Take in a game of hockey
- Nightlife – everything from quiet jazz clubs to all-out party central, Quebec has it all
- Festivals – there’s usually a party in town, from the Winter Carnival to the festival of New France
Flying to Quebec
Booking your cheap flights to Quebec with Vayama.ie ensures a safe, reliable and easy way to plan your trip. With our easy to use website, safe booking system and a large selection of hotels to choose from, you won't have to worry about a thing when you choose to book your holiday with Vayama.ie. Book your flight, right here, right now!