Flights to Caracas
Full of energy with a pretty perfect year round climate and many sights and attractions, Caracas effortlessly combines South American verve with North American hospitality making buying flights to Caracas an easy choice. With the Caribbean Sea so close as well, getting cheap flights to Caracas with Vayama.ie means you get the best of both worlds - a beach holiday and city break all rolled into one.
Caracas has a beautiful setting, lying as it does in a rift valley about 10 miles long with forested mountains rising to 3,000m, and a lush green coast. It was founded in 1567 and those coming in on flights to Caracas can enjoy a cosmopolitan nightlife, quiet parks, and an easy way of getting from place to place by using the metro.
Must see spots in Caracas
If you ever feel lost while in Caracas, look out for the Avila Mountain which is to the north so that can help get your bearings. At the bottom of the mountain is the Parque Los Chorros with thundering waterfalls and forest pathways to wander along.
The exterior of the Cathedral is intricately carved and the building contains the family chapel of Simon Bolivar, the liberator of Venezuela, as well as a painting reported to be by Rubens. Other attractions include the City Hall with three museums, a National Art Gallery, and many parks such as the Parque Nacional del Este which has a boating lake and a planetarium.
Before boarding your homeward flights Caracas offers up its Sunday market full of high quality crafts, trinkets, and souvenirs for you to visit. For clothes and beachwear, try the Centro Commercial Plaza Las Americas, or the CC El Recreo for a wide range of restaurants and cafes.
Cheap flights to Caracas with Vayama
Enjoy this party town throughout the year with cheap flights to Caracas from Vayama available whenever you want them. For international Caracas flights you will land at the Simon Bolivar Airport which is located near La Guaira, a port about 17 miles away. So grab some flights to Caracas soon with Vayama and start planning your exciting trip to South America.
- Caracas is the capital city of Venezuela, located on the northern region of the country near the Caribbean on the northern coast of South America.
- It is separated from the sea by towering and lush green mountains, while more hills and mountains run to the south of the city.
- The Bolivar Feurte is the national currency of Venezuela, while Spanish is the predominant language.
Why Book a Flight to Caracas
- A dense urban metropolis, Caracas serves as a springboard to the rest of Venezuela’s natural wonders
- The city itself is unparalleled in South America in terms of the woven fabric of artistic and cultural variety, while the climate is referred to by travellers and locals alike as “eternal summer”.
- The city’s nightlife has developed quite the reputation in recent years. Bar hoppers and clubbers find much to love in the Las Mercedes and La Castellana districts
- Local cuisine: the influx of Europeans and Americans in the post- World War 2 period has yielded a multicultural impression in the gastronomy of the locals
- La Plaza Bolivar, one of numerous examples of picturesque local architecture
- Universidad Central de Venezuela. The city’s sprawling university campus is home to a magnificent blend of 1950s and 1960s architecture and local artwork.
- The Avila Mountain north of the city is recommended for outdoor enthusiasts. Scenic hikes and stunning views that surpass nearly all others in South America.
- For the real adventurers among us, paragliding is available with expert pilots throughout the region too. Not one to be missed!