Why New York City?
New York City holds a special place in the hearts’ of many Irish people. Often referred to as the ‘City of Dreams’, New York was and still is the land of opportunity to many. Whether you have big dreams to live there or simply put your two feet on the famed island of Manhattan, a taste of the ‘Big Apple’ is a once in a lifetime visit that must be seen to be believed.
New York celebrates an eclectic mix of history, culture, arts, cuisine, fashion, architecture, music and many unique characteristics that can only be found in the city that never sleeps. If you are looking to experience life across the water in the big pond, a trip to New York is the perfect destination to consider.
Which airlines fly from Ireland to New York?
Vayama.ie promises to find you the most affordable and quickest routes from popular locations around Ireland, such as Dublin, Cork, Knock, Shannon and Belfast. In 8 hours or less, you can be on top of the world, overlooking the bright lights of Midtown from the iconic Empire State Building. Pack your bags or an empty suitcase, if you plan on shopping because your adventure to New York starts here!
We have answered your Frequently Asked Questions
Things to do in New York
Prepare to be spoilt for choice. There are plenty of things to see and do in New York. Crossing a few of the main attractions off your must-visit list is a good place to start. Annually New York finds itself on the list as one of the most expensive cities in the world. However the uncommon trait about this city in comparison to others is that there is something for everyone, regardless of budget. New York City is one of the best cities in the world for sightseeing. You can inconspicuously blend into the hustle and bustle of Uptown, Downtown and Midtown, like a true New Yorker, all while ticking the main attractions off your bucket list. Let’s start planning your New York adventure!
More to do's in New York >>
Events in New York
New York City is constantly one step ahead of the game when it comes to innovative and thrilling events taking place. Special occasions are always celebrated bigger and better than any other city in the world. You are bound to find something that arouses your curiosity:
See all events in New York >>
Sometimes it’s the most obvious pieces of information that slip our mind before we jet off on holiday. Save yourself time and money by arriving to New York prepared with the right adaptor outlets, visa and money. Let’s get started with the checklist:
- Temperature: The average temperature is 25˚C during the summer and approximately 5˚C during the winter.
- Time difference: London is 5 hours ahead of New York.
- Currency: The US Dollar (USD).
- Weather - The climate in New York offers the full four seasons - extreme highs in the summer months (June to September) of 27-32 degrees celsius and freezing cold temperatures in the winter (December to March) that regularly reach below -15 degrees celsius. However, spring (March to June) and autumn (September to December) are the two most balanced seasons to visit. Although spring can still be quite chilly with temperatures averaging 10-20 degrees celsius, sunny days are frequent as the city wakes up after hibernation. When the leaves begin to fall in autumn, warm days averaging 12-25 degrees celsius, bring cooler nights.
- Time zone New York is on Eastern Standard Time in the United States. London is 5 hours ahead of New York.
- Language The official language in New York is US English.
See all practical info >>
Flights to New York
Looking for great deals for flights to New York? Vayama.ie offers you low fares and an unparalleled booking experience. Book from your laptop, tablet or smartphone and be assured of great deals and a easy booking process. Did you know you can save some money by traveling on different days or fly from other airports? Use the filters on the search result page to find great deals.
Complete your trip and book a hotel and / or rental car directly with us. Handy! And make sure you don't forget to buy a travel and / or -cancellation insurance. In some cases it could help you save a lot of money.