There are certain differences between Cape Town and Ireland. That's why it's important to prepare your trip well before leaving. Below we created an overview with important points to keep in mind.
- Temperature: The average temperature during the summer months is 26˚C and 17˚C during the winter months.
- Time difference: Cape town is 1 hour ahead of Dublin during the summer and 2 hours during the winter.
- Currency: The South African Rand (ZAR).
- Language: There are 11 official languages in South Africa. English and Afrikaans are two of them.
- Required travel documents: The rules and regulations of travel documents and visa applications change frequently. There can also be different requirements. On the website of the visa service the required and current information is listed.
- Health: Information about the (mandatory) vaccinations change constantly. Current information can be found on Travel Health Pro and NHS or consult your GP surgery.