The Avocado Trail of Australia
From humble beginnings the Aussie avocado has quickly become a brunch menu staple. A trend that started out as simple smashed avo on toast has now grown to see cafes and restaurants producing everything from avocado ice-cream to avo-lattes. In fact, over the last decade consumption in Australia has tripled (from 1.2kg to 3.5kg) while production has more than doubled (to 66,000 tonnes) to keep up with demand.
With the secret out, Australian-style brunches are popping up on menus everywhere from London to New York, but when it comes to quality coffee and a mid-morning feast, there is nowhere better in the world than Australia.
With the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games on the horizon, avocadoes are sure to take centre plate for the world-class athletes competing on Queensland’s Gold Coast. Packed full of good natural fats and potassium, you too can leave behind your trail to the games with hundreds of avocado dishes available from across the country. Lets go!
- Giant Sushi Burrito with Avocado, Suki Restaurant - Brisbane
- Avocado Smash, Leaf and Grain - Byron Bay
- Avocado Hot Cakes, Arthurs Manly - Sydney
- Hash Brown Waffle with Avocado Smash, Morley Eats - Sydney
- Avocado Cocktail, Yummy Yalla - Canberra
- Spiced Togarashi Avocado, Kitty Burns – Melbourne
- Avocado with Miso, Tricycle Café and Bar - Hobart
- Green Goodness Avocado Bowl, Nood’s Wholefoods - Perth
- Avocado Burgers, Flames - Perth
- Avocado Smoothie, Greenies Real Food - Darwin
1. Giant Sushi Burrito with Avocado, Suki Restaurant - Brisbane
We have found you a match made in heaven at Brisbane – get all the sushi fillings you love including fresh avocado and raw fish, and add a little Mexican flavour by rolling it all up into a giant burrito only at Suki Restaurant.
2. Avocado Smash, Leaf and Grain - Byron Bay
This smashed avocado and mint on toast, by Leaf and Grain in Byron Bay, is famous on the east coast. Grab this delight to go and head to the iconic Byron Bay foreshore to enjoy breakfast with a view.
3. Avocado Hot Cakes, Arthurs Manly - Sydney
Located on one of Australia’s most iconic beaches, Manly, Arthur’s Oysters and Seafood has created a unique breakfast-styled dessert - avocado buttermilk pancakes with whipped feta, dukkah, poached apricots and cranberries. Book your flights now to Sydney.
4. Hash Brown Waffle with Avocado Smash, Morley Eats - Sydney
Can’t decide between avocado and waffles? Now you can have both at Morley Eats, in Rosebery Sydney. A dish made with hash brown waffle base, and topped with avocado smash, chilli jam and fried egg, this delicious breakfast invention is a must!
5. Avocado Cocktail, Yummy Yalla - Canberra
Ever considered putting avocado in your cocktail? Try this scrumptious concoction at Yummy Yalla in Canberra where avocado is mixed in with a fruity blend of strawberries, fruit salsa and cream to make the ultimate cocktail.
6. Spiced Togarashi Avocado, Kitty Burns – Melbourne
This ‘do it yourself’ dish is served as a deconstructed breakfast, consisting of half an avocado dipped in Japanese chilli spice to get your tastebuds tingling. It comes with edamame, citrus avo smash and an egg on toast. Try out this unique experience at Kittyburns.
7. Avocado with Miso, Tricycle Café and Bar - Hobart
For a modern twist, try out these un-smashed avocados with centres filled with delicious scoops of housemade genmai miso and blackbean miso at Tricycle Cafe and Bar in Hobart. This tasty treat is too good to refuse if you are an avocado lover!
8. Green Goodness Avocado Bowl, Nood’s Wholefoods - Perth
Looking for something a bit different? Start your day well with this Green Goodness smoothie bowl packed full of superfoods such as spinach, avocado, kiwifruit and bananas at Nood’s in Perth vibrant inner-city suburb of Leederville.
9. Avocado Burgers, Flames - Perth
Love burgers? Love avocado? Well make sure you head to Flames WA’s stand at the Fremantle markets in Perth to get your hands on the epic Avocado burger. And we’re not talking about a bit of avocado on a burger; we’re talking about avocado burger buns!
10. Avocado Smoothie, Greenies Real Food - Darwin
Feeling the heat in Darwin? Head to Greenies Real Food Food and pick up a green smoothie full of healthy goodness, like avocado, cucumber, kale, spinach, pineapple, banana and cashews, to cool you right down.
See more, do more, feel more with Vayama.ie!
To help you start your search, Vayama.ie has found great deals to a few of your favourite destinations!
What are you waiting for? Hurry over to Vayama.ie to grab these awesome deals now!
Want to read more?