6 Fantastic Destinations for 2021
Where are you planning to go in 2021?
Although the current lockdown makes it difficult to even think about travelling abroad, travel restrictions are rapidly changing and things are looking better for 2021.
In fact, more and more countries are opening their doors (as per health and safety protocols) while airlines are more flexible than ever when it comes to bookings. Travellers can postpone or cancel trips by booking flexible flights, travel insurance and cancellation insurance.
Below we have compiled a list of the best places to travel at the most beautiful time of the year, when the world finally emerges from winter to spring.
From exotic destinations to those within Europe, which of the following experiences would suit you best?
This jewel on the Caribbean coast Costa Rica offers you the perfect combination of surfing, snorkeling and diving as well as delicious specialties at prices that are much cheaper than on the more expensive and touristy Pacific side of the country.
If you are looking for peace and quiet, you will find many quiet beaches in the area. If you want to explore nature, the Cahuita National Park is only a few hours away and is ideal for hiking and monkey watching. You can also visit the Jaguar Rescue Center, which rehabilitates all types of local wildlife. There is something for everyone here.
- Visitors can enter by plane, provided they meet the country's visa requirements and COVID-19 entry requirements.
- Travellers must fill out a health card form, indicating their negative PCR test, that has beencarried out within 48 hours of travel.
- Proof of valid travel health insurance is also required.
You've probably never heard of Kotor before, but this wonderful medieval town is a must-see if you are passionate about history and at the same time don't want to give up on beautiful natural landscapes.
Surrounded by fascinating mountains, the city will surprise you with its cobblestone streets, medieval churches and baroque palaces, all of which are hidden within their historic walls - a real treasure Montenegro.
In addition, the bay of Kotor (on the waters of the Adriatic), built by the Romans and improved by the Venetians, is one of the 10 most beautiful bays in the world and has been recognized by UNESCO as one of the most beautiful ancient cities in the world.
- A negative Covid-19 PCR test result or a positive coronavirus antibody test result is required, neither older than 72 hours.
- Travellers will not be subject to quarantine if proof of a negative PCR test is provided.
When you go to Egypt, you don't want to miss out on the insane historical treasures such as temples and archaeological sites. Good news: Luxor, the largest open-air museum in the world, is open to international visitors.
Luxor is located on the east bank of the Nile in southern Egypt and is the place of ancient Thebes - the capital of the pharaohs. In addition to the tombs of the nobles and their stunning temples, Luxor is also home to the Karnak - a large complex of shrines, kiosks and obelisks dedicated to the god of ancient Thebes. Fly over Hurghada - another incredible city. It is located in the middle of Luxor, as well as Cairo, the Egyptian capital.
- Travelers to Egypt must submit a negative Covid-19 PCR test within 72 hours prior to arrival (printouts in English; digital copies are not accepted).
With its natural hot springs and tropical rainforests, waterfalls, lakes, valleys and rivers, it is not difficult to understand why Dominica is called "the natural island of the Caribbean". This mountain island has indeed become an untouched paradise for divers, hikers, and nature lovers. But you won't find just that! Dominica is famous for its incredible cultural heritage comprised of British, French and West Indian cultures, not to mention the largest community of Carib Indians in the eastern Caribbean.
All travelers must:
- Submit a negative Covid-19 PCR test result obtained between 24 and 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Complete an electronic immigration and customs form via Dominica's online portal 24 hours prior to travel.
We must not forget to mention the city where, thanks to its blooming tulips, one can find the most impressive explosion of colors - Amsterdam. At the center of these colors are the Keukenhof Gardens; an unforgettable sight. The climate in Amsterdam is mild even in the spring and is perfect for cycling and exploring the craft cafes, independent shops and numerous museums - from the Anne Frank House to the Van Gogh Museum.
- All travellers must present a negative PCR COVID-19 test result and complete a test declaration form.
- All travellers must quarantine for 10 days after arrival, even if they present a negative COVID-test.
- Masks are mandatory in all forms of public transport.
Have you always wanted to go on a safari? This is your chance!
As the largest national park in Tanzania, Ruaha is home to lions, giraffes, zebras, jackals, the bat ear fox and above all elephants (around 12,000 elephants roam the Ruaha ecosystem every year).
What makes this place perfect even after the pandemic is its seclusion. The Ruaha National Park is right in the center of Tanzania, so doesn't have large crowds and allows you to have a more authentic experience exploring Tanzania.
- Incoming passengers must complete a health surveillance form and undergo a health check-up.
- A temperature scan for all international passengers will be conducted.
- Travellers may also need to get a COVID-19 test upon arrival.
Did some of these fantastic destinations end up on your 2021 bucket list? We hope so, and if you would like some more inspiration, check out out blog on the Latest Travel Updates for the World's Most Popular Destinations. Want to start planning your holiday but don't know where to begin? Check out our guide on how to plan a hassle-free holiday in 6 simple steps to get started.
Find your ticket with Vayama.ie!
Please note: We are in complicated times and travel has been heavily influenced by COVID-19. Please check our worldwide travel information and the local regulations of your travel destination so that you are well prepared for your travels.
Want to read more?